[Koha] Error adding new records

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:27:59 NZST 2016

Hello Mark,

Koha 3.11.00.008??? the odd numbers minor version number (.11)
signifies a development version of Koha, in fact a very old
development version of Koha. Unless you are a developer you should
*never* be using a development release and secondly you should
immediately update from that ancient stuff assuming you got the
version right.

As for why you are not seeing the data you have entered, thats most
likely due to Zebra indexer (a) not running or (b) not running with
correct permissions.

Your best course of action - get on to Koha 3.22.x (oldstable) or
later i.e. 16.05.x (current stable) releases. If it is a zebra issue,
provided you install Koha using the .deb packages, indexing will just
work out of the box.

cheers
-idg

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Blake Library <blakelibrarynz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm using Koha version 3.11.00.008
>
> When I go into cataloguing and "Add new record" everything looks ok, but
> when I search for the record after saving I cannot find the data I entered.
> I can edit and delete items but there seems to be a problem with the
> records.
>
> Any ideas about where the problem might be - server, MySQL, Koha version
> bug?
>
> Have lots of books waiting to be added.
>
> Cheers
>

> Mark

Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg