[Koha] OAI-PMH

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Aug 9 02:40:58 NZST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Erlanda Simonyan
<erlanda_simonyan at flib.sci.am> wrote:
> Koha has 'OAI-PMH:MaxCount' in System Preferences  which Only return
> 30 records(or more) at a time in response to a ListRecords or ListIdentifiers query.
> And if we fix 300 000 record for harvesting the server failed.
>
> How can we continuously harvest records from the OAI-PMH server?

By making use of resumptionToken to harvest in chunks of records,
rather than attempting to harvest the entire database in a single
request.  An example can be found here:

https://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-harvester.htm#resumptionToken

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt