[Koha] Sharing advanced bib editor macros?

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Aug 4 03:37:14 NZST 2016

Hi, all--

I was asked if I had created any macros for the advanced cataloging editor,
and it made me realize that I had & that it might be good to get some macro
sharing going!  I'm not sure the best way to share them--perhaps a macro
library on https://koha-community.org/ ?  Because why type from scratch
when you can copy & paste, right?:)  These are the macros that I wrote and
use, so far:

New 3XX fields for photographic print bib record:
new 336=‡astill image ǂb sti ǂ2 rdacontent
new 337=‡aunmediated ǂb n ǂ2 rdamedia
new 338=‡asheet ǂb nb ǂ2 rdacarrier

New 540 note for archival material records:
new 540=‡aThe San Francisco Maritime NHP possesses physical property rights
through ownership of the materials. However, copyright may reside with the
individual or corporate body responsible for the creation of the materials,
or with their heirs. It is the user's responsibility to respect the
provisions of the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United
States Code). Permission to reproduce or publish from this collection must
be secured by the user from the copyright holders.

New 710 field for archival material records:
new 710=‡aSan Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (Agency : U.S.).
710k=Collection.
710n=SAFR
indicators=2_

New 040 field for all original cataloging records:
040a=UDU
040c=UDU
040b=eng
040e=rda

And I also used heavily the manual section about macros is 1.1.2.2. Macros
in Advanced Cataloging
<http://manual.koha-community.org/3.22/en/cataloging.html#macroscataloging> and
learned that they are saved as cookies, so are browser-specific, i.e., I'm
doing all my Koha work with my Firefox browser on a particular laptop,
because that's the browser storing my macros.

Cheerio!
h2
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg