[Koha] [Koha-devel] General IRC Meeting 3 August 2016 / Kohacon 2017 bidder information

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Aug 3 21:30:20 NZST 2016

We actually wrote it down in November of 2010, and it has been in
place for every Kohacon since then.
It is a safe guard that means that the conference isn't continuously
in the same country.

I think it has worked spectacularly well, and meant that smaller
countries have a good chance of hosting.
I don't think it needs to be relaxed to twice in a row, but if there
are no other bidders then I think an exception could be made in that
case.

Chris
(Who is grateful that Kohacon has meant I have gotten to places like
Greece, Nigeria, Argentina, etc)