[Koha] Setting up Koha for a small open library

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:24:48 NZST 2016

Hi Krishna,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Krishna Ramamoorthy
<krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We would like to use Koha for a small open library of 100-120 patrons. Please let me know if there is any documentation available to set up Koha for the same. We are done with installation and would like to know the bare minimum parameters that need to be configured.

Basic setup requires defining your library branch name, the item types
you have, the types of patron categories and patrons you wish to have,
your circulation rules (how many books for how many days to each
patron type) and finally a MARC21 framework - you can use the FA (Fast
add framework) or the default OR derive a framework from the default.
that is basically all there is. after words you can add reports. you
can find a bunch of ready made one at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library

As always, when you doubt the Koha manual should be your first point
of reference, followed by the wiki and this list.

hope this helps
-Indranil Das Gupta
 L2C2 Technologies

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg