[Koha] Speech Recognition & Synthesis Integration on KOHA OPAC

Dr. Avaneesh Singh singhlis101 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:06:06 NZST 2016

Hi All,

	I am head Librarian at KIIT Group of Colleges. Being an Open source
enthusiast, I have implemented KOHA in our Library and also trying to modify
/ customize it. I was trying to integrate speech recognition (Speech to
Text) and speech synthesis (Text to Speech) to KOHA OPAC. I was basically
trying to integrate Google Speech API (Links given below), but couldn't make
it

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2013/01/Voice-Driven-Web-Apps-Introduction-to-the-Web-Speech-API?hl=en

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/tip/speechapi.html

I would highly appriceate if anyone working in this direction could help me
out by kindly letting me know how to integrate any speech API's to KOHA
OPAC.