[Koha] Remove the password option in patron attributes

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 20 13:32:54 NZST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Jonathan Druart
<jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org> wrote:
> I'd like to get opinion on the password option available in patron attributes.
> Initially this field was created to allow patrons to use an alternate
> password to login, but it has never been implemented.
> I have suggested to remove it on bug 12267 as we don't use it
> internally and as it's a bad idea to use a password stored in clear
> text.

+1 to removing it. As you say, full functionality was never
implemented for that feature (although had it been, hashing would
almost certainly have been used, but that's really besides the point).

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt