[Koha] Koha in school library

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Tue Apr 19 00:31:47 NZST 2016

Deb,

Depending how big your collection is.....it might be easier in the long run
(believe it or not) to just start from scratch.
(bit of a learning curve, but once you "get it" ...it's all downhill)

In the long run, this gives you an accurate inventory, up to date MARC
records, and requires you to lay hands on every book so you can weed out
the bent/broken/damaged.

If you have the time, doing a small collection (ie: < 4,000 or so) is
completely doable.
(work on small pieces at a time -- ie; one shelf a day...)

Otherwise, matching fields in the excel spreadsheet to the required Koha
fields is covered fairly well :

http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/marceditexcel.html

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/data-migration-from-excel-to-koha-td3062109.html

Good luck !