[Koha] New to Koha, but very interested

Joseph Hogan joehogan at gmx.com
Sat Apr 16 13:37:04 NZST 2016

Hello Eric (and all others that helped:)

Thanks for the tips.  I understand the process.

I found a good example of setting up the z39.50 in KOHA.  Seems straight
forward.

A couple of questions arise from this:

1 - can I assume that the z39.50 connection will updater itself, or this
has to be done manually?
2 - the records are searchable at the local library, but I would presume
that they are indicated to be located elsewhere?
3 - When doing a search, will their be options to only search at the
local library, or will all records be searchable at all times.
4 - The use fo Z39.50 depends on the target server to have a MARC
something or another.  How to I confirm that this is turned on/set up?
The libraries will all be using KOHA in the network, as we set them up.
How do I turn it on/set it up if needed?

Thanks!

Joseph