[Koha] New to Koha, but very interested

Joseph Hogan joehogan at gmx.com
Fri Apr 15 15:06:33 NZST 2016

Hello,

My name is Joe.

I am writing because we are in discussions with a possible college
campus looking to update the searching ability on the campus.

We found Koha and the features seem full and rich.

We have more technical questions about installing a new library and
sharing server with multiple libraries.

I will ask a couple of questions, and then follow up, depending on the
replies I get.

1 - The campus has more then one library on campus: 1 for physical
sciences  1 for medecine  1 for social sciences
How can this be treated?  Can one installation cover for a campus allow
for the location data to include which building/library, or even on
which campus it might be located?

2 - Can we run multiple instances of Koha on the same server?  I ask
because any other the documentation that I have read always mentioned 1
server, 1 koha.   If this works well for us, there are a couple of other
libraries interested in working with us.  We want to under stand the
resources needed.  1 koha per server, or many per server?

3 - Can Koha be installed to run from a particular folder?  We already
have our server up and running, and if they can just be installed in a
directory of a web page installation?

This is just my beginning.  We are trying to understand the software in
order to know what is possible or now.

Thanks!

Joe