[Koha] How to use Item Type ?

satishamv lis4satish at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:10:43 NZDT 2016

Hi,

I have a basic question regarding Item Type.
Item Type is required for Circulation Policy settings and Report generation,
etc.

For a Single Bibliographic RECORD (book) having 2 copies (ITEM), Say
example,
Item Type 1 = "Book" meant for Circulation and
Item Type 2 ="Reference Book" meant only for reference purpose and not for
loan/circulation

to satisfy both conditions, either I can create both the item types (Books,
Reference Book) and define a circulation policy -OR-

by creating only one item type = i, e. "Books" and using 9XX, 7 - Not for
loan, can I restrict loan/Circulation (reference).

Which method should be used?? Am I wrong anywhere in understanding Item Type
?

Should I create two "Item type" for a single bibliographic RECORD ?

Kindly Clarify ?

With Thanks
Satish MV
Librarian