[Koha] [Koha-devel] Kohacon 2016 location

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Thu Sep 17 17:31:28 NZST 2015

On 17/09/15 01:18, Mirko Tietgen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> the voting period is over and the preliminary results are in.
>
> Kohacon 2016 will be hosted by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,
> Greece.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> The survey has been completed 1074 times. In some cases, people were
> overly enthusiastic and had to vote more than once, which lead to
> disqualification. The results are
>
> 80,35% Thessaloniki, Greece
> 08,10% Manila, Philippines
>
> [11,55% invalid]
>
> I'd like to thank the people behind both proposals for offering to
> host Kohacon 2016!
>
> See you all in Thessaloniki next May or June,
>
> Mirko

Wow, if everyone who voted for Thessaloniki attends, it will be the
largest KohaCon ever, by some way.  Congratulations to the organisers.

Also, commiserations to the bidders from the Phillipines.  We were
looking forward to attending there in numbers, that won't be possible to
Greece.  I'd encourage the bidders to try again next year - Nigeria bid
three times before they were successful.

Best wishes to our Nigerian friends for a great KohaCon15, starting in
just over one month.

Thanks to Mirko for organising the vote.

Bob Birchall
Calyx, Australia