[Koha] Self-checkout behavior

uwe singlespeedfahrer at yandex.com
Sun Sep 13 04:59:39 NZST 2015

Hello,

Am Samstag, den 12.09.2015, 18:47 +0200 schrieb Katrin Fischer:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will try to explain how
> it
> works:
>
> When going to the self check page, it should log in with the special
> user you set up automatically. Now any patron should be able to start
> the checkout process using their cardnumber or user name
> (SelfCheckoutByLogin) and then proceed to do checkouts.

Yes that all works correct as you described. The User "Uwe" logged in
to self-checkout and changes his login to the special user
"MySelfCheckoutRobot".

And then the if I change back to normal OPAC I'm yet logged in as the
special user "MySelfCheckoutRobot". This seems to me a strange behavior;-).

> I think the idea behind the web based self check was a computer
> sitting
> in the library that is used as a self checkout station only. Maybe
> also
> set so that only the self checkout page can be opened?
>
> There are some open bugs that should be pushed soon, that deal with
> the
> behaviour you describe and should improve things quite a bit.

> Hope this helps,

Yes thank you  very much :-).

Best wishes
Uwe

> Katrin
>
> Am 12.09.2015 um 17:22 schrieb uwe:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a question to the self-checkout-module. As documentated I
> > enabled in the preferences "AutoSelfCheckAllowed" with
> > "AutoSelfCheckID" (a special user with circulation rights, for
> > example
> > "MyCheckoutRobot") and the "AutoSelfCheckPass".
> >
> > Then I log in in the OPAC as a another patron (e.g. "Uwe") without
> > any
> > rights and go to the self-checkout-page and log in too. If I now go
> > back to the OPAC I'm suddenly logged in as the in the preferences
> > defined user (in this example "MyCheckoutRobot").
> >
> > Perhaps I don't understand the module. But how can I prevent the
> > user
> > change in the OPAC from "Uwe" to "MyCheckoutRobot"? What I only
> > want is
> > that a normal patron can use the self-checkout-system.
> >
> > Thanks and best wishes
> > Uwe

A Tale of Two Cities LITE(tm)
	-- by Charles Dickens

	A man in love with a girl who loves another man who looks just
	like him has his head chopped off in France because of a mean
	lady who knits.

Crime and Punishment LITE(tm)
	-- by Fyodor Dostoevski

	A man sends a nasty letter to a pawnbroker, but later
	feels guilty and apologizes.

The Odyssey LITE(tm)
	-- by Homer

	After working late, a valiant warrior gets lost on his way home.