[Koha] Can I limit the opac to see only the main library?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat Sep 12 03:09:34 NZST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Tim Koop <tim at timkoop.com> wrote:
> But what about the opac? We don't want them showing up there at all, because
> regular patrons won't be able to sign them out.
>
> Is it possible to limit the opac to see only the main library?

Yes.  Let's suppose you assign the items to a new library whose code
is "RESTRICTED".  You could then set the OpacHiddenItems system
preference to something like this:

homebranch: ["RESTRICTED"]

On the other hand, defining a new library would mean that there would
be various places in the OPAC where a patron could see that the
library exists, but not be able to see any items belonging to it.
While some custom CSS and JavaScript could be used to suppress the
existence of that library from the OPAC, that could get a little
awkward; using an item type instead might be a bit easier.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt