[Koha] Checkbox «Flagged» on subfield visi bil ity framework setup

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu Sep 3 08:24:49 NZST 2015

At 05:01 PM 9/2/2015 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:

><<mailto:paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>:
>At 10:47 PM 8/31/2015 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>El 31/8/2015 2:38 p. m., "Pablo Bianchi"
><<mailto:pablo.bianchi at gmail.com>pablo.bianchi at gmail.com> escribió:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Even I read Koha manual
> > <
><http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/master/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks>http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/master/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks
>

> > (2.4.1.4. Edit Framework Subfields > Advanced constraint values >
> > Visibility) and bug #9894, but it isn't clear to me what a "flagged"
> > subfield means.
>No one knows. It's been there even before programming languages existed.
>

>Well... It's not in our production 3.8.24, so it's fairly recent.
>
>As far as I can tell it was introduced in 3.12 (which I've never played
>with -- and our cataloguers never even mentioned it during our evaluation
>of 3.20) so somebody should remember it?
>

>The 'hidden' field has been around for a while, it is a free-text field in
>your Koha

Yup -- it's so well 'hidden' that in five years looking at Koha, I'd never
even noticed it (let alone been tempted to use it) as the only mention of
it is that it exists as "-8" in the "Help" file. Thanks for pointing it out.

>(<http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks>http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks).
>In 3.12 just happened that we made it more user-friendly. So instead of
>writing a weird meaningless number we translated the mapping into what you
>see in 3.12+.

You definitely have my '+1' for removing it -- I've already changed it
(like the "-9") to "Future use" in our help files...

Best -- Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>