[Koha] Help to assign one barcode each to 10000+ records in mrc file

Mrs. Chitralekha M. Chitale library.ltce at ltjss.net
Mon Oct 26 21:34:45 NZDT 2015

Sir,

For the first time I purchased e-books from a publisher. They provided me a marc file (.mrc) for all the ebook titles (10000+).
I can upload it directly to my Koha after adding and editing certain fields in records and add items with subfields having same description.
I can do so using marcedit 5.2 as far as all records have same description to be added in that tag / copying from another field.

But my problem is adding barcode (accession number in 952$p) to these records as each record will have different barcode.

I tried converting marc file in excel. There is one marc tag per column but some of the columns have multiple subfields.
I inserted barcode column, item type column, location column, Now I need to convert this excel to .mrc.
The issue is I am not able to map them while converting to mrk file as each tag (above 010) must have subfield.
I cannot map columns with multiple subfields eg. subject headings.

Help me to assign one barcode each to these 10000+ records.

Mrs. Chitralekha M. Chitale
Librarian, Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering,
Navi Mumbai, India