[Koha] KohaCon 15 Was Awesome

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 07:34:23 NZDT 2015

Salvete!

    I would like to publicly thank our KohaCon15 hosts. It was magical being part of a highly academic Conference in the midst of the manicured tropical setting at IITA. There were meaty discussions about the future of the Community in Nigeria, and I was very happy to be allowed to listen to the discussion at hand. All of the participants shared keen insights, and it was easily one of my favourite Conferences. I only wish that some of our friends from the Middle East had attended; I was looking forward to meeting them in person.

    For those that decided against going due to security reasons, I would say that Lagos was similar in nature to Philadelphia in terms of character. Ibadan was close to Urbana-Champaign, though the former boasts a much larger population than the latter. Don't let safety stop you from visiting in future. If you need tips on how to get your Visa from the States, feel free to contact me off list.

Cheers,
Brooke