[Koha] Question about language of OPAC query

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Thu Oct 22 21:07:56 NZDT 2015

On 15-10-9 6:36 pm, Mason James wrote:
> On 15-10-7 8:56 pm, 박병용 wrote:
>>   Dear all,
>>     I firstly installed the Koha 3.20.04.000 a few days ago. I
>> cataloged some Korean books and searched it on OPAC in Korean
>> language. But the result was incorrect. The keyword is correctly
>> highlighted but the number of list item is incorrect. For example,
>> the correct number of result record is 1 but the actual result of now
>> is 4. If experienced similar problems, tell me some guide for me,
>> please!
>>    Kind regards,
>>     P.S.) My server info.
>> - Koha ver.: 3.20.04.000
>> - OS: Ubuntu 14.04.1
>> - Perl ver.: 5.018002
>> - MySQL ver.: 5.6.19
>> - Apache ver.: 2.4.7
>> - Zebra ver.: 2.0.44
> Hi, I've been doing some recent experimenting with Koha searching
> Korean, with ICU enabled
>
> I'll aim to send an email to the mailing list next week with my progress
>
> -Mason

Kia ora, I've been experimenting with attempting to configure a 3.20
Koha with ICU and Korean bibs
As I understand, the basic steps for configuring a Korean Koha is
basically the same as an Arabic Koha

the steps are...

1/ follow this fine guide...
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Correcting_Search_of_Arabic_records

2/ but, also change the 'locale' from 'ar' to 'ko' (or even 'ko_KR' or
'ko_KP'?), in the words-icu.xml file
    note: you can ask zebra/yaz what locales it understands from this
useful command...
    $ yaz-icu -p l

3/ ignore the example Arabic '<transliterate rule...' lines in the
guide, as they are irrelevant for Korean text :0)
    I don't have any useful Korean transliterate rules to add, (at this
stage, at least)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any other ICU Kohas with CJK* bibs?
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJK_characters

- Mason