[Koha] Koha glacially slow

Aparrish cspsyntech at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:22:59 NZDT 2015

Hello all,

Fresh install of Koha on a Debian Jessie computer. The machine has three
gigs of RAM and an Athlon dual-core 4050-e. It's about 7 years old so I'm
going to assume I just need a better PC, but this Koha instance (a local
test server through 127.0.1.1) is so slow it's literally impossible to use,
both staff and opac side. It takes about twenty seconds to resolve any
request at all. Everything else on the PC is quite snappy though. Am I
correct in my suspicion or is something configured incorrectly?