[Koha] Override "Restricted Use" checkout

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Thu Oct 8 10:28:12 NZDT 2015

We are a collegiate library, where we have a Reference section with items
that students are not allowed to check out. This is coded at our library by
setting the Collection option for these items to a "Reference" collection
we have defined, and additionally by setting the item as "Restricted".

We would like to allow faculty members to check out these items. It seems
like in the past librarians were able to override this, but that is not now
the case. How can we either allow librarians to override the restriction,
or define circulation rules that also look at shelving location or
collection?

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoehoorn at york.edu <jcoehoorn at york.edu>*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society