[Koha] ًQuestions about 952 Field

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Sat May 30 07:48:27 NZST 2015

Hi, Jesse--

I catalog on OCLC's Connexion Client, and use the "Text String" tool to set
up my most commonly used fields in the 952--it's really handy, and
generates my most commonly used 952 with a keystroke.  I've found that it's
faster to create the item records on OCLC with 952 fields & import it into
Koha, even when I'm cataloging a title with many items.

This is a typical 952 for us (we don't have separate branches, and use LC
call numbers):
ǂ2 lcc ǂa SFMARITIME ǂb SFMARITIME ǂc STACKS ǂy BOOK ǂo VM600 O8 1999 ǂh
v.1 ǂp 188336

Hope this is helpful!  Cheerio,
heather
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg