[Koha] PHP equivalent for koha's password encryption

otuoma otuomathegreat at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 22:09:27 NZST 2015

I am developing a php application for our library and i want our patrons to
login to the new app using the same credentials they use to login to koha.
I've tried using the following code but it produces a different string
everytime it is run.
<?php
echo shell_exec(perl -MKoha::AuthUtils -e 'print
Koha::AuthUtils::hash_password("mystrongpassword"), "\n"');
?>

Most probably the password is salted as well and i cant figure out how.
Anyone wid some ideas will be highly appreciated.