[Koha] Update on International Koha Fund

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Thu May 21 09:14:49 NZST 2015

Hello All -

I have been quite busy lately and I haven't been able to get an update
out.  (You'll notice that I have not even been present in IRC)  We had some
family trips.

Anyways, the updates you've all been waiting for.

1. From Joann - the MOU has been passed around and signed by everyone so
far (I believe - Jo please correct me here if I am wrong on that).  So that
means we are totally ready to start collecting money since THT has
established a bank account for the Fund.  YAY on that.  We do have some
code for a paypal button, that we could put on the homepage of
koha-community.org immediately - but that really needs to be decided by the
community as a whole.  Let's vote at the next general meeting about that.

2. I have completed a draft of the ByLaws for the committee.  That has been
passed around to the committee members of the Fund for review, additions,
and comments.  We have set a 1 week timeline from today for the completion
of that.  After that we will release it to the whole community for
additional comments, additions, and questions.  We should have 1~2 weeks of
it being publicly available for review before it is voted on at a general
irc meeting.

3. ByWater Solutions, Biblibre, and PTFS-Europe have all pledged to submit
money to the International Koha Fund to help seed the fund immediately and
once we are ready to roll.  That way we have some money to do some good
projects for the community.

4. Jonathan Druart has resigned from Biblibre effective May 1st and is
currently unemployed.  I propose the we use some of the money of the Fund
to hire him as a contractor to a) sign-off on bugs b) QA bugs c) clean up
bugzilla (for example we have a large number of bugs that are major or
critical for some that have no patches even written for them, plus there is
also a bunch of other clean up that will help every other developer in the
community - that honestly none of us really have time to do).  Since he has
no allegiance to a support provider - he is exactly the third party person
we are looking for.

Please discuss and I'm sorry to have missed the last general meeting.

Thanks and Cheers,
Brendan Gallagher