[Koha] continued problems with indexing- v. 3.18.06

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Wed May 20 02:25:09 NZST 2015

Hello again,
sorry to keep bugging this list.  I upgraded to v. 3.18.06 a few days ago
and was directed to edit koha-conf.xml and zebra-biblios.cfg file.  As far
as I can tell, I did that correctly and no longer see warnings about that
in koha client>about koha>server information.  However, I was still getting
errors when I tried to restart zebra, and at that point my entire catalog
became unavailable.  I have double checked those files I edited, and have
just tried restarting zebra as root (thank you Robin).  Here is what I get:

Zebra does not appear to have been running for instance library.
Starting Zebra server for library

... but Zebra won't start.  I should mention that previously, I tried
rebuilding the index, and that did not work either.  In fact, I tried
rebuilding, then I read I should not rebuild as root (see
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fix_zebra_permissions), so I rebuilt as
user after following those instructions, then tried restarting zebra again
as root -- same error above.  I am unable to start zebra using
koha-start-zebra or koha-restart-zebra.

So I am still looking for advice.  If anyone still suspects my
koha-conf.xml or zebra-biblios.cfg files, I would gladly send you the
printout from those or snippets from them.

Thanks so much!
Amy