[Koha] MARC modification templates

Katelyn Browne kbrowne at ccpcs.org
Thu May 14 03:13:36 NZST 2015

Hi all,

I've just about got our MARC modification template set up, but I have one
major issue I can't solve: moving and modifying item prices.

Here's what I do with MARCedit:
--move all of 852 (where our vendor puts items) to 952
--(do other stuff on other subfields)
--move 952$9 to 952$g
--remove "P" and "usd" from the price (which come as, for example,
*P10.99usd* instead of *10.99*)
--copy 952$g into 952$v

I've attempted to reproduce these steps in our modification template, but
952$g and 952$v come up blank when I import the records. I suspect the
problem is with the P/usd issue and requires some regular expressions
(which are not my expertise).

If you are good at RegEx, or you have addressed a similar problem, can you
make some suggestions?

Thanks!

--Katelyn.

Katelyn Browne
High School Librarian & Technology Teacher
Capital City Public Charter School
100 Peabody Street NW
Washington, DC 20011
(202) 387-0309 x1745