[Koha] Question about author sorting

Sebastian Hierl s.hierl at aarome.org
Wed May 13 18:09:54 NZST 2015

Hi, Robin:

This seems logical enough and the simple fact to be able to browse
alphabetically will be a huge improvement to Koha.  Thus, thank you.
Regarding the functionality, it should be as Katrin describes and sort on
the first author, even when sorting Z-A.  This is less common in the
humanities, but in the sciences the order of the authors matters.
Bibliographically speaking, publications are listed under the first
author.  In sum, the sort should consider the first author only -- and a
keyword search will permit to find authors who are second, third and beyond.

-Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hierl, Ph.D.
Drue Heinz Librarian, Arthur & Janet C. Ross Library

T: +39 06 5846 417
F: +39 06 5810 788