[Koha] Enabling Memcached on Koha 3.18.06

Craig Butosi craig.butosi at rcmusic.ca
Tue May 5 09:09:15 NZST 2015

Hi all,

Not much on enabling memcached for Koha 3.18.06 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit VPS), so I'm posting here for the community. It looks like I successfully installed memcached on localhost 11211. But it doesn't look like Koha appears as an entry when I run  $ memcdump --servers localhost. Here's what  I did:

1.       Installed memcached

sudo apt-get install memcached

2.       Navigated to /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf and changed MEMCACHED environment variable to 'yes' from 'no'

3.       Restarted apache

service apache2 restart

4.       Telnetted localhost at port 11211

telnet localhost 11211

and was able to successfully connect.

5.       I then installed libmemcached-tools to test

sudo apt-get install libmemcached-tools

6.       I then checked to see if my Koha instance appeared as a memcached entry (according to http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_memcached)

memcdump --servers localhost

7.       But, nothing gets returned. Only a new, blank command line.

Any thoughts on why Koha is not showing up after running #6?

Many thanks!

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons.)
LIBRARY SERVICES MANAGER
the royal conservatory
TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
416.408.2824 x338
www.rcmusic.ca<http://www.rcmusic.ca/>

Note: This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this email is not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and attachments from your system, thank you.