[Koha] Koha 3.18 on Debian 8 Jessie

Chrispin Simasiku Sitali libsitali at gmail.com
Mon May 4 19:45:27 NZST 2015

I have been testing out the installation of Koha 3.18.06.000 on Debian 8
(Jessie). Minimal Server. I downloaded Debian Jessie from
https://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ (Official CD/DVD images of the stable
release)

Everything went smoothly without any hitch except the following;
Cannot write to `-' (Broken pipe) error message

When adding the APT trusted keys: wget -O-
http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc |
sudo apt-key add -

Solution: I replaced the pipe "|" with ">>"

the key was added and thereafter I went ahead and installed Koha using the
instructions at:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian

I am sharing this because I though this could help someone. There could be
a better and "technical" way of achieving the same. Any comment from the
Koha Gurus

Sitali CS

--
Charles Lwanga College of Education,