[Koha] Size of a couple of MySQL tables

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Fri Mar 20 11:36:13 NZDT 2015

Hi everyone,

   I have a 3.16.02 package install of Koha running on Debian.   When first
installed almost 2 years ago now, I did several iterations of importing
~40,000+ MARC records and then "cleaning" the resulting staged records.   I
was noticing the other day that this MySQL DB's backups are significantly
larger than a couple of other library's databases that I also support so I
started poking around a bit.  I'm finding that the following 2 tables in the
MySQL DB are quite large:

import_records   (.94GB)

deletedbiblioitems  (.28GB)

And I'm wondering how to properly "shrink" the overall size of this
database, most especially these two tables?    If those two tables are large
because of the multiple original imports/cleans, could I simply delete all
of the data in those two tables?

Thanks as always!

Steve