[Koha] loan availability of damaged items

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Mar 20 01:03:50 NZDT 2015

> Maybe Koha should let you define exactly which situations imply item is
> unavailable/not_for_loan.
>> as a result of a search, which is misleading for the user, since it is
>> still possible to check that item out.

As far as I understand it, the goal of the display in the OPAC is to
prevent patrons from looking for items on the shelf which are not
available because they are damaged. This is in contrast to focusing on
preventing the user from checking out something which is damaged.

I agree that it would be nice to have more fine-grained control over
both aspects of it.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer