[Koha] iPad checkouts in Koha

Keener, Nancy NKeener at washoecounty.us
Sat Mar 14 10:33:40 NZDT 2015

Chad, we began circulating a small number of preloaded Kindle readers about 3 months ago.  We loaded them with about four young adult titles each.  They circulate just like a regular book with no special rules.   We decided at our circ team meeting to not get overly nervous about keeping them safe.  If they all disappeared, then that would be a sign it wasn't going to work.

Staff have been given instructions for inspecting and recharging them when they return.

I just checked in the catalog and they are all checked out with no lost or missing.

I'm not sure what the next step will be, but I will be sure to find out since we seem to be doing well so far.

Nancy Keener
Systems Librarian
I.T.O.S.C. Chair
Washoe County Library System