[Koha] Koha ILS Driver for Vufind

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:07:49 NZDT 2015

Hello all,

I am hoping someone who has gotten Vufind and Koha working together can
help me with this. I recently installed Vufind 2.3.1 and Koha 3.18.3 on
Debian 7. I have configured Vufind and successfully imported the records
from Koha into Vufind.

However, I can't get Vufind to use Koha to authenticate patrons. I can see
the status of Koha items update in Vufind searches, so I know Vufind can
connect to the Koha database.

The problem seems to be the password encryption used in the Koha ILS driver
and the encryption used for passwords in the current Koha version. The
Vufind Koha driver still uses MD5 while I have been informed that current
Koha uses BCRYPT.

Can anyone provide me with the Koha driver for Vufind or point me towards
how I can update the driver to successfully authenticate with current Koha
version?

Thanks for your help.

--
Olugbenga Adara