[Koha] Can I clean up imported ISBN's --> for book cover displays

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Sat Jun 27 06:32:36 NZST 2015

Hi all,

I recently imported a collection into Koha, and am only now realizing that
quite a few of the ISBN numbers are formatted incorrectly, and/or have
unsupported characters in the field.
It's not a big deal as long as I use Google books for my covers, Google
seems smart enough to search and parse the ISBN field.....the problem is,
when I try to implement something like the
page found here:
http://www.myacpl.org/koha/acpls-new-and-upcoming-opac-list/
<http://www.myacpl.org/koha/acpls-new-and-upcoming-opac-list/>

My covers come up short... I seem to be missing quite a few. I am just
pulling the ISBN number and linking to Amazon and/or Open Library covers.
Examination of these links leads me to believe that I have quite a few
messed up ISBN numbers......
Any type of ISBN checker and or repair tool that I could run ??
Or has that ship already sailed ... and I should have fixed them before the
import (with MarcEdit or some other tool).

Anyone have a handy-dandy SQL command to clean them up ??

Thanks,

-S