[Koha] Koha Fundraising Committee Draft Terms of Reference

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Wed Jun 17 09:32:41 NZST 2015

Great anyone have more thoughts?

BTW nothing has been done "behind the scenes"...  All discussions have been
posted to the mailing lists and talked about and presented at conferences /
hackfests.  Nothing has or will be hidden.  I just want to make sure that
we're clear on that :)

Has anyone reviewed the document at all?  And there was no push to get the
bylaws voted on at the last meeting because we fell short of a long enough
review period (but since we had finished the doc we wanted to make sure it
was available for some discussion at the general meeting)...  Not to vote
on.

Mirko we need more volunteers - are you willing to help here?  You have
good opinions.

Thanks,
Brendan

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Mirko Tietgen <mirko at abunchofthings.net>
wrote:

> I don't know how to say this without stepping on anyone's toes, but
> I think this discussion is taking a problematic direction. I don't
> think it is good to tie the general discussion and decision on all
> things fundraising to the personal situation of people that may be
> funded once all is settled.
>
> I refuse to agree I »have put somebody in a difficult situation«
> because I opposed voting on things that were made public on very
> short notice before meetings. I was not informed I was discussing
> anyone's situation. A situation I knew nothing about.
>
> It seems like behind the scenes it has already been agreed to
> 1) put money into the fund
> 2) pay somebody with that money
>
> so I have a simple proposal for the parties involved. Please
> consider contracting people directly until the fundraising stuff is
> actually up and running and everybody is happy.
>
> Hope that does not anger anyone,
>
> Mirko
>
> PS. Yes, I would like to see Jonathan continue his fine work on
> Koha. Just to make that clear.
>

> --
>
> Mirko Tietgen
> mirko at abunchofthings.net
> http://koha.abunchofthings.net
> http://meinkoha.de

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com