[Koha] Hi from a total Koha beginner

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 16 10:50:45 NZST 2015

Gianfranco Nicola schreef op ma 15-06-2015 om 20:44 [+0200]:
> But now I am trying
> to figure out how to import data from our legacy software, and how to
> teach our  library guy to use this new program,

The first step is to get what data you can out of the old system. Only
once you can see what you can migrate into Koha, is it possible to
really start doing it. If you're really lucky you'll be able to export
as MARC (UNIMARC or MARC21 typically. I'm not sure what Italy generally
uses.) More likely you'll get something that looks somewhat like a CSV
and you'll have to turn that into MARC.

> bearing in mind that neither him, nor me, are librarians.

You'll know a whole lot more by the end of the process :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.