[Koha] new import

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 11 13:10:01 NZST 2015

Scott Owen schreef op wo 10-06-2015 om 20:25 [-0400]:
> On my first attempt, ( the one I have issues with) I didn't restart
> the
> server after I cleared the data, and the rebuild script didn't seem to
> complete as quickly and threw up some errors. I'm guessing that the
> restart
> somehow helps the MySQL instance kind of reset and do some house
> cleaning
> of it's own allowing the rebuild script to run correctly and cleanly.

There should never be a situation where you have to restart the server
for koha related things. In my environment, I've never done it except
for OS patching, and I actually can't restart the MySQL server as it's
managed directly by our sysadmins and I don't have a login to it.

Essentially my point is that if you have to do that, something else is
wrong. Linux ain't Windows :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.