[Koha] Sort Πas Oe, doesn't work. A bug of Zebra ?

Tajoli Zeno z.tajoli at cineca.it
Fri Jun 5 18:27:17 NZST 2015

Hi to all,

I'm trying to setup sort and search of Π[latin capital ligature oe,
Œ]

I'm usign debian wheezy, with ICU
Zebra version: 2.0.44-3 [debian package]

In  lang_defs/en/sort-string-utf.chr I insert:

encoding utf-8

lowercase {0-9}abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
uppercase {0-9}ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

[...]
equivalent Œ(Oe)
[...]
map Π (Oe)

In etc/words-icu.xml
<transliterate rule="{ Π> Oe "/>

In etc/phrases-icu.xml
<transliterate rule="{ Π> Oe "/>

Now on searching Πis the same of Oe, but in sorting.
If I sort by title I receive this order:

Orders from the city
Œuvres par Emile Zola

Πis sorted a single letter, after simple 'O'. Not like two letters Oe

I think there is a problem in Zebra because I setup everything I know to
do the equivalence Π= Oe

Do you more about this topic ?
Do you have a succeful example about equivalence Π= Oe ?

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Zeno Tajoli
/Dipartimento Sviluppi Innovativi/ - Automazione Biblioteche