[Koha] Change Koha IP address

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Jun 5 16:31:45 NZST 2015

I'm with Robin on this one -- this isn't really a Koha question, but I'll
throw out the solution that I use for virtual machines on my home network;
it would scale up to a larger network without too much fuss...

I use dnsmasq as a DHCP/Caching DNS server. Dnsmasq uses a configuration
file called 'dnsmasq.conf', which allows you to assign IP addresses
dynamically and also set local domain names, so that I can log into
http://kohadevbox:8080 rather than http://192.168.11.130:8080. One of the
options available in dsnmasq.conf is to assign IP addresses and local
domain names based on the hostname of the machine (that's a convenience you
wouldn't get from a full DNS server)

I also have all of my virtual machines set up with bridged networking,
meaning that they will be talking to my router, and therefore get IP
addresses assigned by the router.

Like I said, not really a koha question, but it's certainly a handy way to
work with a bunch of VMs running Koha.

--Barton