[Koha] Koha OAI-PMH / EBSCO !!!

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Fri Jul 24 23:09:49 NZST 2015

Hi, Felipe: sorry for the delay.
As an IT consultant of the American University of Rome (AUR), I managed to sync their Ebsco Discovery Service with Koha using OAI-PMH. It works once a day.
However, for the Real Time Availability Check (RTAC) that involves 952 info, we use another method, exactly because it must be in "real time".
Every time a Koha record is shown in the EDS interface, a script connects to a very simple API I wrote, and receives back an XML response with the loan status of the book.
The script then appends the response under the record in the EDS page.
This method was agreed with Ebsco IT staff.
Let me know if you need more info.
Stefano