[Koha] Backup and migrate Koha from one server to another

Kitty Chan kitty.chan at usj.edu.mo
Thu Jul 23 14:19:38 NZST 2015

I am migrating Koha from one server to another.

On the old server,
I run # koha-dump library
I got two dump files for the database and the configuration

On the new server,
I run # koha-restore sqldumpfile configdumpfile

I see that on the new server, I have the new instance folders in the
/etc/koha/sites and also the new databases.  However, when I access
http://library-admin.usj.edu.mo:8080, I was asked to lead to the " Welcome
to the Koha web installer" web page.  I thought I should be displayed with
the admin login page to access my old Koha server contents.

Can anyone tell me what has been done wrong here?  Or what is the
appropriate procedure to move Koha from one server to another?

Regards,
Kitty