[Koha] barcode

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:10:02 NZST 2015

Hi Via Vitae Solutions,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Via Vitae Solutions
<koha at viavitae.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually it the Accession Number only that pasted in form of Barcode
> Sticker on a Book. (in Koha this Accession Number is termed as Barcode -
> MARC21 Tag 952$p; after searching any catalog you can found it's item
> barcodes in the result output page).

The accession number is mapped to 001 - from the Koha 3.20 manual -
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.20/en/catguides.html see the entry
next to 001. 952$p is just the barcode (see
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_%289xx%29)

Yes, people do use 952$p to store accn no., but then end-users store a
lot of things into Koha, which does not always match up to MARC21
standards or Koha's own documentation.

For instance, if you are FRBRizing, then you may most definitely want
001 to be your accession number.

> While check out if you do not found any barcode sticker pasted on the book
> then you must look for Accession Number on it and put it manually in
> "Enter item barcode:" and click on "Check out" button.
>
> Find attached screenshots - we hope these may help you

The mailing list scrubs off all attachments. You need to put them up
somewhere online and point to the link in your email.

hth

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg