[Koha] Fwd: Converting MARC 21 from AACR2 to RDA

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Jul 7 07:08:29 NZST 2015

There is an RDA Framework that should handle all these fields
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/MARC_frameworks

I have one installed (an earlier version it seems, looks like I'd better
update that). Our staff are supposed to check for those telltale RDA fields
in downloads and use the appropriate template.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>
wrote:

> On a sort of related point, our cataloguers have recently brought to my
> attention the "new" RDA "264 - Production, Publication, Distribution,
> Manufacture, and Copyright Notice" field, which some of the Z39.50 imports
> appear to be using *instead of* 260 -- they tell me they're seeing it more
> and more often.
>
> 264 does not exist in Default framework (therefore in no others) so they
> are having to manually copy the data fields.
>
> Has anyone looked into this? Any thoughts of how best for Koha to deal
> with it?
>
> Thanks -- Paul
>

> At 10:35 AM 7/6/2015 -0700, Hernandez, Heather wrote:
>
>> Forgot to also send this to the list!  --h2

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)