[Koha] Koha Fundraising Committee Draft Terms of Reference

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sun Jul 5 02:16:37 NZST 2015

At 05:53 PM 7/3/2015 -0700, Brendan Gallagher wrote:
>Hi All -
>
>Just a reminder - the general IRC meeting is in a few days - we (the
>committee) need your comments and thoughts on the bylaws before that
>meeting.

Brendan,

Firstly, thank you for all you are doing.

A couple of points re: the draft MoU at
<http://kete.library.org.nz/site/documents/show/368-draft-mou-v2-for-koha-fund>:

1) Given recent discussion on this list, I might suggest dropping 6.12 and
references to 'Listed Koha Support Company[ies]' in 11.2 and 11.6. (All
"companies" are equal, unendorsed by the community.)

2) Is it 4? or 6? "representatives of the Koha Community" (there seems to
be some difference between the [current version of the] Wiki page and the
draft MoU.

>We're going to be voting on the bylaws at that meeting as we've
>had more than a month with the bylaws.

Is a draft copy of such bylaws available? And do these correspond to 11.4
of the MoU?

Quorum [Wiki page] -- "at least 50% of the membership."  I agree with the
50% (even 50% + 1 if there are an even number; certainly not a minority),
but find the word "membership" confusing.  I'm fairly sure you mean 50% of
the representatives elected by the community, but could you be more specific?

Best regards -- Paul