[Koha] Proposal to remove the 'Paid support' list

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:44:01 NZST 2015

Greetings,

> It would be nice if people could find out I am contributing
> stuff without learning to understand bugzilla.

Sadly, if a person's name continues to appear on a list in the same place,
those requesting quotes for proposals will not pay attention and learn what
the list is. The learning curve forces learning. I'm sorry it is harsh, but
people tend to take the path of least resistance which includes remaining
ignorant of how the list works.

> My proposal would be to have something similar to the »Patches
> pushed for release« thingy on http://dashboard.koha-community.org.
> Maybe a longer time span (like, people/ companies that have
> contributed over the last year), but no »all time contributers« list
> that would bring us lots of one time »contributions« for the sake of
> being listed forever.

A list like "Name/Organization, Country, Date of Last Accepted Patch" capped
since old stable initial release would be nice, but it opens it back up to
this stupidity which we want to avoid, because marketing people may hype and
lie. No list provides no opportunity for them to hype and lie.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett