[Koha] Facets missing on fresh dev install of 3.18.3

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Thu Jan 29 07:19:54 NZDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a new server with a fresh dev install of 3.18.3
(well, it was a fresh install of 3.18.2 last week but I've updated it)
using a copy of our database from our current server, which is running a
customized version of 3.01.133.  I've run updatedatabase.pl on it (manually
because otherwise apache times out) as well as
remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl.  Everything seems to work *except* for
the search facets.  I've done a lot of googling, and I suspect it has to do
with the new zebra faceting system, but I don't know enough about zebra to
figure out why this is happening, so I'd be grateful if someone could help
me figure this out.  Zebra appears to be working otherwise, I do get search
results, just no facets.  In other cases I found where people were having
trouble their indexing was not working at all because it wasn't fully
configured to use dom, but I chose to use dom from the installer and as far
as I can tell from my koha-conf.xml it's configured correctly.

Pertinent bits from koha-conf.xml:
<server id="biblioserver"  listenref="biblioserver">
    <directory>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/biblios</directory>

<config>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/zebra-biblios-dom.cfg</config>
    <cql2rpn>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/pqf.properties</cql2rpn>
    <xi:include
href="/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/retrieval-info-bib-dom.xml"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
    <xi:include
href="/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/explain-biblios.xml" xmlns:xi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
</server>

<server id="authorityserver"  listenref="authorityserver" >

<directory>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/authorities</directory>

<config>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/zebra-authorities-dom.cfg</config>
    <cql2rpn>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/pqf.properties</cql2rpn>
    <xi:include
href="/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/retrieval-info-auth-dom.xml"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
    <xi:include
href="/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/explain-authorities.xml"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
</server>

(Note--we don't use authorities so I haven't bothered to run
rebuild_zebra.pl with -a)

 <zebra_bib_index_mode>dom</zebra_bib_index_mode>
 <zebra_auth_index_mode>dom</zebra_auth_index_mode>
 <zebra_lockdir>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/var/lock/zebradb</zebra_lockdir>
 <use_zebra_facets>1</use_zebra_facets>
 <queryparser_config>/home/kohaclone/koha-dev/etc/searchengine/queryparser.yaml</queryparser_config>

I've tried reindexing biblios with -x and without, doesn't seem to make any
difference.  I haven't done anything with any of the zebra config files,
they are just as they were downloaded.

The only anomaly I see in my logs is something like this every time I do a
search, in koha-zebradaemon-output.log

12:55:54-28/01 zebrasrv(10) [warn] ir_session (exception)

BTW this is running on Debian Wheezy.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for
any clue you can provide!

Regards,
Cindy