[Koha] links in the 856 field

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Jan 26 19:43:19 NZDT 2015

Hi Heidi,

you can't control the access to your URLs with Koha. If the link is
generally accessible in a browser, it will be too from the record in
Koha, if you are logged in or not.

There is a way to hide records unless you are within a certain IP range,
like in the library. But that is only about visibility and the links
would still be accessible directly, for example if someone copied the
URL or imported the records into some reference management software.

Hope this makes sense,

Katrin