[Koha] Debugging on MacBook

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Jan 21 10:49:54 NZDT 2015

When we were testing Koha, we ran it on a Mac OSX using VMware. It worked
fine, though admittedly I didn't have a lot of records loaded.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Jesse <pianohacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's possible but rather difficult to run Koha on Mac OS X; getting the
> required versions of the various dependencies built and installed is far
> trickier than on Linux.
>
> Would running Debian within a VirtualBox be a possibility? From what I can
> understand of http://www.epic-ide.org/guide/ch06s02.php#N10812 , using
> Eclipse/EPIC should still be a possibility.

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to ask anyone interested in programming Koha to help me with
> > debugging Koha sources on MacBook Pro (OSX Yosemite). I am using Eclipse
> > Luna (4.4.0) with Perl plugin EPIC. I have downloaded Koha sources from
> GIT
> > repository, but the IDE still complains about missing libraries although
> > tried to install them from CPAN. Is there anybody debugging on OSX? Or,
> > maybe, Is Koha able to run on OSX?
> >
> > Thank you all.
> > Radek Siman

> Jesse Weaver

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)