[Koha] Help- Migration from 2.2.9 to latest

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:24:07 NZDT 2015

Hi Satish,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:43 PM, SATISH <lis4satish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can some one who has already done similar migrations please give your
> advice/help me with step by step process.

I've never really worked with Koha on Windows. But in the last few
years I've migrated quite a few 2.2.x series installs to 3.x series
(3.10, 3,14, 3.16 respectively).

This should start you off - http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Upgrading_2.2

Remember to move the holdings data (items) away from the biblioitems
records using remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl

it is usually not too much of trouble, unless the 2.2.x database is in
bad shape (I hope one of that took me over 2 weeks to get the data
import ready)

Being handy with SQL helps a great deal.

Also keep a sharp lookout for the errors that get thrown up by the
migration / maintenance scripts. Some are benign, while some will
require you to address them before moving forward with migration.

And at all times keep a copy of the original db snapshot safely backup
in case you take a misstep and have to redo things.

All the best. let us know how it goes.

cheers
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg