[Koha] Fwd: Facets missing on fresh dev install of 3.18.3

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:41:16 NZDT 2015

Setting <use_zebra_facets>0</use_zebra_facets> is not making Koha use
GRS-1. You're safe switching it.

It only falls back to the old calculation method that wouldn't calculate
the facets out of the result set, but from a small number of records from
the results. It is "less precise".

The way to debug it, is to connect to zebra yourself, and check what's
going on.

If you launch zebra manually (like in $ zebrasrv -f
~/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml ) you will see the logging on your terminal.
Perform a search in the browser. You should see a line like this in the
zebrasrv terminal:

12:23:57-03/02 zebrasrv(2) [request] Search biblios OK 1014 1 1+0 RPN
@attrset Bib-1 @or @or @attr 4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 1=1016 @attr 2=102 a @attr
4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 9=20 @attr 2=102 a @attr 4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 9=34 @attr
2=102 a

After that, you could see something like this, which means zebra is
actually being asked for the facets:

12:23:58-03/02 zebrasrv(2) [log] facet first phase real=0.28 cat=index

Anyway, connect to zebra manually like this (replace the PATH with yours, a
bare minimum would require substituting tcohen for your username):

$ yaz-client unix:/home/tcohen/koha-dev/var/run/zebradb/bibliosocket

and you will see a prompt like this:

Type the following:

Z> base biblios
Z> format xml
Z> elem zebra::facet::au:0:100

Now perform the same search you did on the previous step, type an 'f' and
after a space copy and paste from zebrasrv log, just after the RPN word):

Z> f @attrset Bib-1 @or @or @attr 4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 1=1016 @attr 2=102 a
@attr 4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 9=20 @attr 2=102 a @attr 4=6 @attr 5=1 @attr 9=34
@attr 2=102 a

Retrieve the facet:

Z> s 1+1

If you see some XML output, with author names, it means Zebra succeeds
generating the facets, and there's something wrong in Koha. Otherwise, we
should take a more sensitive look at your Zebra configuration files. But
lets start with this simple test.

Good luck!

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Cindy Murdock Ames <cmurdock at ccfls.org>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> To answer a bunch of questions:
>
> Yes, setting <use_zebra_facets> to 0 (and restarting memcached in my case)
> does bring the facets back.  As far as I know doing that reverts facets to
> the old system that uses grs1.  I would prefer to be able to use dom as
> grs1 is being deprecated, from what I've read.  This server isn't being
> used in production yet (but hopefully soon) so I would rather be able to
> use the zebra facets.
>
> The facets are also missing from the staff interface.
>
> My zebra version is 2.0.59-1.indexdata.  My dev install is running on
> Debian Wheezy, and I'm using the git tag for 3.18.3.
>
> As for logs:  koha-opac-error_log doesn't log anything at all when I do a
> search.  koha-zebradaemon-output.log outputs this every time I try a
> search:  "10:03:42-03/02 zebrasrv(3) [warn] ir_session (exception)".
>
> Is there a way to enable more verbose logging?  And do search results
> revert to grs1 if dom indexing isn't working?  I suspect it's something to
> do with dom, but I don't know enough about zebra to test my hypothesis.
>
> Regards,
> Cindy

> Cindy Murdock Ames
> IT Services Director
> Meadville Public Library | CCFLS
> http://meadvillelibrary.org | http://ccfls.org
>

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > El Mon Feb 02 2015 at 15:06:00, Cindy Murdock Ames (<cmurdock at ccfls.org
> >)
> > escribió:
> >
> >> Hi Michał,
> >>
> >> The opac isn't publicly accessible yet but here's a screenshot:
> >> http://i.imgur.com/0hdHrbm.png
> >>
> >> The area where the facets usually are is completely blank, even the
> >> "Refine
> >> your search" header is missing.  We are using marc21, the xsl, xml &
> >> record.abs files are present in my installation and the zebra
> >> configuration
> >> files look like they're pointing to them correctly.  I haven't edited
> them
> >> at all.  I do have logs from my last reindexing here:
> >> http://ccfls.org/files/reindex-output-1-28-15.txt.
> >

> > Does setting <use_zebra_facets>0</use_zebra_facets> make them show?
> >
> > Regards

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F