[Koha] Indexing Not Updating

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 29 16:34:07 NZDT 2015

* Bruce A. Metcalf (bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net) wrote:
> On 12/28/2015 06:36 PM, Katrin Fischer wrote:
>
> >I think the problem might not be the indexing itself, but that your
> >Zebra server is not running.
>
> That does seem to be the issue.
>
> >This might help:
> >sudo service restart koha-common
>
> Nope, the result is:
>
> # service restart koha-common
> restart: unrecognized service

Ahh typo sudo service koha-common restart

> >Then you can do:
> >ps axf | grep "zebrasrv"
> >
> >To see if it's running.
>
> The result is:
>
> # ps axf | grep "zebrasrv"
> 31360 pts/1    S+     0:00                                      \_ grep
> zebrasrv
> 20550 ?        S      0:02 daemon --name=library-koha-zebra
> --pidfiles=/var/run/koha/library/
> --errlog=/var/log/koha/library/zebra-error.log
> --stdout=/var/log/koha/library/zebra.log
> --output=/var/log/koha/library/zebra-output.log --verbose=1 --respawn
> --delay=30 --user=library-koha.library-koha -- zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn
> -f /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
>
> I can't tell from this if it's running or not.

It's definitely not, the daemon to start it is running, but it isn't running. The log
had a hint with it's respawning too fast. zebrasrv itself is not starting, there could
be quite a few reasons, but most likely it's something to do with permissions.

What you could try doing is

sudo koha-shell <instancename>
zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn -f /etc/koha/sites/<instancename>/koha-conf.xml

Replacing <instancename> with the name of your koha instance

Hopefully that will show an error message that will help us figure out what is going on

Chris